Acne and acne scar treatment
Acne is more common in the age group of 13 – 30 years but it may occur or persist even beyond this age limit. If severe, acne does not only scar your skin but they have the capability of scarring your confidence as well. Acne can be the cause of a great deal of emotional distress. However, the best part about this much-dreaded skin condition is that it is completely curable. We at Skincare clinic have treated Acne and acne scars with great success over the past 30 years. After treatment, we also guide our patients to maintain the achieved flawless skin.
- Besides oral and topical treatment at Skincare clinic we offer a variety of treatments for acne and acne scars to help you to achieve that amazingly flawless skin.
- Skin Peels or Professional Peels: The basic aim of peels is to replace the outer, dead layers of tired, sallow, blemished, and scarred skin to reveal the underlying fresh, scar free & clear skin. By removing the dead layers of cells, exfoliating peels can remove fine lines, superficial wrinkles, hyperpigmented spots, patchy skin & freckles. They also remove dullness, unevenness & roughness of skin. They unclog pores and erase acne and acne-scars. The different types of peels used are alpha-hydroxy peel such as glycolic peels-derived from sugarcane; lactic peels derived from milk; kojic peels derived from a Japanese mushroom; mandelic peels derived from apples; salicylic peels – a beta hydroxy peel derived from willow birch. Each peel can be used alone or a combination peels can be used according to patients’ skin requirements.
- Superficial Skin Rejuvenation by laser: Uses a unique kind of laser beam which improves the texture of the skin and eliminate pits and scars that are present.
- Microdermabrasion: A very mild exfoliation of the skin leaving your skin looking rejuvenated, soft, and supple.
- Mesotherapy: It is a non-surgical, relatively painless procedure wherein multiple microinjections deliver vitamins, amino acids, hyaluronic acid etc. into the skin stimulating collagen production thus helping in scar resurfacing.
- Derma Roller: A medical micro-needling procedure that releases new collagen and elastin in the scar tissue. Thus effective in scar filling as well as rejuvenation. Mostly used with meso solutions to reduce scars.
- Intense pulse Light Systems: IPL acts by stimulating new collagen formation. It is useful for treating red post acne scars.
- Dermal Fillers: Instantly replaces the lost volume and fills up the scar.
- Subcision: This involves subcutaneous sectioning of dermal adhesions with a sharp needle thereby lifting the scars. This technique is useful for very deep-pitted scars ice pick scars, boxcar scars and rolled scars.